A High Court sitting in Yenagoa, the capital of Bayelsa State, has stopped associates of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT) Minister, Nyesom Wike, from organizing a planned political mega rally in the state. The court gave the order on Wednesday, April 2, 2025, and said the rally must not hold until another hearing is done.
The proposed mega rally was meant to take place in Yenagoa on April 12, 2025. According to information from the court, the rally was being planned in solidarity with Nyesom Wike, who is currently the FCT Minister.
The Bayelsa State Attorney General and Commissioner for Justice, Mr. Biriyai Dambo (SAN), had taken the matter to court. He filed the suit, marked Suit No. BYHC/YHC/CV/133/2025, to stop the event, which he said could disturb the peace and order in the state.
Pro-Wike’s Mega Rally

In response to the suit, Hon. Justice I. A. Uzakah of the Bayelsa State High Court issued an order to prevent the mega rally from happening for now. The judge gave the ruling in favour of the Bayelsa State Government after reviewing the application submitted by the Attorney General.
The court said that until the case is properly heard and decided, Wike’s associates must not go ahead with any kind of political rally, meeting, or gathering in Bayelsa State. This includes rallies organized by anyone on their behalf.
The court order read in part:
“An order of interim injunction is hereby made or granted restraining the 1st and 2nd Defendants, whether by themselves, their agents, associates, privies, representatives (or any person whatsoever acting at their behest), from conducting, convening, coordinating, engaging in, organizing, participating in, holding, hosting, or facilitating any political assembly, rally meeting, or gathering within Bayelsa State, for the purpose of solidarity, hosting, and celebrating the 2nd Defendant in Bayelsa State, pending the hearing and determination of the Motion on Notice for Interlocutory Injunction.”
Also Trending: Wike Rally: Governor Diri Warns Against Threats to Bayelsa’s Peace, Alerts Security Chiefs and Elders
This simply means that the court does not want any mega rally or celebration of any kind related to Nyesom Wike to take place in Bayelsa until the matter is looked into further.
The next hearing for the case has been fixed for April 11, 2025, just one day before the planned rally date. At that time, the court is expected to listen to all parties involved and then make a decision on whether or not the rally should go on.
People in Bayelsa have reacted differently to the court order. Some residents said it was a wise move to prevent any form of political tension in the state, while others believe people should be allowed to gather peacefully as long as they do not cause trouble.
So far, there has been no official response from Nyesom Wike or his associates regarding the court ruling on the pro mega rally.