The West African Examinations Council (WAEC) has announced the release of the results for the 2022 May/June West African Senior School Certificate Examination (WASSCE) for senior secondary school candidates.
WAEC, said a total of 1,222,505 candidates, amounting to 76.36 per cent of the 1,601,047 candidates that successfully sat for the examination, obtained credits and above in a minimum of five (5) subjects, including English Language and Mathematics.
The statistics represent a decrease of more than five per cent in performance when compared with the 81.7 per cent pass rate recorded in 2021.
Announcing the results at the headquarters of the examination body in Lagos, the Head of Nigeria Office (HNO), Patrick Areghan, said a total of 597,811 of the candidates, representing 37 34 per cent, are male; while 624,694, representing 39.02 per cent, are female.
How to Check WAEC results with SMS
If you are one of the candidates that participated in the examination, checking the result is very simple.
Remember the smart identity card used during the exams.
The result checker pin and serial number contained on it are all that are needed.
1. Using your mobile device, Type WAEC*ExamNo*PIN*ExamYear
2. Send to 32327
3. You will receive a message instantly containing your WAEC statement of result.
Please note, that only MTN, Glo & Airtel Subscribers can check their WAEC Result using this SMS method.
If you did not receive your WAEC result via SMS, kindly repeat this step.
SMS Charges will be applied when checking your WASSCE result using a text message.
You will need to have purchased the WAEC Direct Scratch card to check your result via a text message. The scratch card pin is what is needed in the PIN section of the SMS you will send to 32327.
How to Check via the Website
To check your WAEC Result, visit www.waecdirect.org and log in. Please note: you may need a WAEC scratch card to check. Follow the procedures below to check your WAEC result 2022.
1. Login to WAEC Result Checker Website www.waecdirect.org.
2. Enter your Examination Number
3. Select Examination Type e.g May/June
4. Select Exams Year e.g 2022
5. Click on Check Result.
How to Check Via Serial Number
1. Firstly, ensure your mobile phone is internet enabled.
2. Then you visit www.waecdirect.org
3. Enter your 10-digit Examination number,
4. Enter Serial Number
5. Enter the Examination year and
6. Click on Check my WAEC Result.